Neue Kata XII: Kata der Judo Grundlagen

Nage-no-Kata, Katame-no-Kata, Gonosen-no-Kata und verwandte Kata
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Randori - und mehr (zum Beispiel "Seil(e)klettern")

Beitrag von HBt. »

Ich bin so frei und kommentiere frech in CKs Antwort an 'FL'.
CK hat geschrieben: When I write on a forum my intention is and has always been to offer help. Perhaps I have not always been as successful as I have wanted in doing so, but that is and has always been my honest intention.
Jenes wissen wir alle und wissen dieses sehr zu schätzen. Deine Einlassungen sind immer willkommen, sie sind mehr als nur bloße Bereicherungen ...
It is possible that people do not seek my help, do not want my help or decline my help, which is their good right, but even at those instances, there are usually others who find my comments helpful. I am not a clairvoyant so I cannot read people's mind, I am only describing the different possibilities that usually present themselves, and that hopefully some at some point in their lives may find helpful.
Ich nehme sie gerne an - und freue mich über jeden Beitrag von Dir.
So, I think that what Fritz wrote about this in his own words is correct. Furthermore, I am evidently very familiar with the text in German "Grundwissen der Geschichte des Kodokan Judo in Japan" authored by our common friend, which was quoted in this thread. What the author writes is correct, and is a partial answer to my questions about the rationale for kata.
Diese gewaltige Arbeit diente nicht dazu explizite Einzelfragen zu beantworten, auch wenn sie es mit unter tut ;-).
However, to the best of my knowledge, the author does not directly address one other part of my question, namely why all these kata (with exception of self-defense kata and a gymnastics kata) where developed so early in Kôdôkan jûdô and why Kôdôkan including Kanô himself has not defined any other randori-no-kata ever since 1887 ...
Magst Du deine eigene Frage noch beantworten?
why in 132 years are there no new Kôdôkan randori no kata ? Would only now there have been someone in Germany so gifted that that is the reason ? (this is not meant as an insult, but quite literally meant as written).
Das ist eine sehr gute Frage.
The answer to this is not explicitly in the German text mentioned. It may be 'deducted' from the text if one has considerable background and can put everything together, but it is not explicitly mentioned. I also know that the author this text and I agree very much on the fact that depending on one's own skills, knowledge, ability, experience and understanding, one will see very different things when someone shows judo and one may also read very different things when reading a text about judo.
Dem stimme ich zu, so ist es.
One will find very few, if any, Western texts that explicitly ask the question I asked, let alone answer that question. As the question is directly relevant to what is here at issue, I emphasize its importance.
Die Hervorhebung stammt von mir, denn dieser Punkt ist fundamental.
In the past, several gifted people have considered the question of creating kata themselves, with varying success, one of the main reasons for the variation in that success, may be the attention, or lack thereof, they gave to my question.
Das liegt auf der Hand - ist offensichtlich. Auch deshalb bin ich kein Befürworter des deutschen Wunsches eine eigene Kata zur n-ten Danprüfung "zu schreiben".
If you'd like you could ask Tutor to address in brief Hôhô-no-kata, if you are not familiar with it. He can do so in perfect German, which I am unfortunately unable to. This exercise, which also has to do with 'Grundlagen', was developed many years ago by a fellow-countryman of yours, who was one of the most technically gifted competitive jûdôka at the time.
Leider wird unser jüngstes Pferd im Stall, den Namen dieses deutschen Ausnahmejudoka nicht erraten, leider.
He was genuinely concerned with identifying training exercises to improve the skill of others. This is no joke, since I remember very well taking a seminar from him several decades ago which was very inspiring to me (and the other teachers on the course). None of us has ever seen those exercises and there are still exercises I learnt from him then that I use today. So, there are others who are both gifted and creative who think along the lines of developing exercise, and who in their journey have considered or even actually complete creating a new exercise that resembles what one might think of as a 'kata'.
Ich vermute, es ist politisch korrekt die Namen auch zu nennen.
There are others. At least one person who sometimes posts on this forum has devoted considerable work and study dealing with one Kôdôkan kata that within Kôdôkan that is considered incomplete. Rather than wanting to create a 'new' kata for so and so reasons, the person was concerned with the question whether a deep understanding of Kanô, Kôdôkan jûdô and kata, would allow completing that incomplete kata, not necessarily as Kanô would have, but in a way that it furthers some of the purposes Kanô had with integrating this kata in Kôdôkan. Although not publicly available at the current time, this author extensively addressed the problems that involve both the completion and creation of new kata in Kôdôkan jûdô.
Darf der Name genannt werden?
The late Hirano Tokio-sensei, another very gifted jûdôka created several kata, such as Jôge-no-kata, which address some unique issues in jûdô.

As brave and as skilled one might be, I felt I could make myself somewhat useful by alerting people to this, so that they might find inspiration, help in what these people did and the problems they faced and did or did not overcome.

Understanding jûdô is a term I used in some other posts. Regularly, famous jûdô champions teach some clinic which is enthusiastically attended by jûdôka hoping to learn some secret technique that will make yourself invincible.
Tja,
diese existieren bekanntlich nur im Märchen.
Sadly, very people who attended this or that clinic will suddenly become Olympic or World champion, unless previously they were already Olympic or world champion or at least ... very near to acquiring that status.

One of the regular contributors on this forum has obtained outstanding results in competing in kata, and regularly lends his expertise to teaching seminars on kata in Germany and abroad. The same issue will pose itself as I just mentioned. Very few of any who attended such seminar will suddenly themselves become World or European Champion in kata. Little of this has to do with the qualities of the teacher, but ... with the considerable difficulties in jûdô that involve transferring one's own knowledge and skills. Tutor faces this difficult, I face this difficult, Daigo, Okano, God-knows-what-other-sensei all face this difficulty.
Ich hoffe, jeder Mensch ... im Verlaufe seiner Lebenszeit ... begegnet & stellt sich ... diesen ... Herausforderungen!
Any exercise that is newly created, whether its nature is kata or other, will over time be evaluated against this standard, at least as people gain insight. Simply "demonstrating" something has little to do with it, and as I always say, even a parrot or a monkey can demonstrate kata, but that does not mean it has anything to do with jûdô.
Hier passt auch ein berühmtes Zitat von Walter Röhrl. Damit möchte ich ausdrücken, dass alles (was wir hier so verzapfen) nicht auf Judo (oder den Judo-Sport) begrenzt ist.
Leider taucht dann automatisch die Frage auf: was ist denn nun Judo?
To optimize this problem, the (rhetorical) question "What is jûdô",
Und da ist sie auch schon!
which incidentally is the very same question Kanô kept asking and answering time after time again, really is very important. In more understandable terms, one point of whatever exercise one creates, in time will be whether it actually accomplishes what it claims to accomplish, and whether it in a demonstrable way improves the transfer of skills and knowledge from teacher to student ...

Permit me to provide another example not related to kata. Has anyone here ever heard of the "Special Judo Fitness Test" ? The purpose of this exercise is clear from its name.
Ich kenne den Soldatensportwettkampf & Fitnesstest, sowie unzählige Varianten davon, ebenso n NJV-Variationen. Und halte sie beinahe alle für unsinnig.
Several scientific articles exist in which jûdôka are evaluated using this test, and all of these articles make conclusions regarding the ability of the jûdôka and prediction of his or her results in competition. What do you think about this ? How accurate are the predictions of this test and why ?
Ups.
Perhaps you are not familiar with this test at all, so let's propose our own "jûdô fitness test", which is not so ridiculous since several jûdô instructors have used similar exercises in their training and evaluation of elite athletes. Let's keep it simple: "rope climbing". We can all easily understand that arm and shoulder strength are important in jûdô and play an important role in rope climbing (together with technique). How do elite jûdôka score on rope climbing, does it test abilities, and what is its success in predicting the outcome of your jûdô fights, which ultimately is what every jûdô coach wants to improve ?
Oje,
dieses Szenario hatte ich bereits vergessen /nicht verdrängt.

Viele Grüße,
HBt.
Fleischlaberl
Orange Grün Gurt Träger
Orange Grün Gurt Träger

Re: Neue Kata XII: Kata der Judo Grundlagen

Beitrag von Fleischlaberl »

Nicht immer gleich hyperventilieren HBt ...

Klar kenne ich den Namen des deutschen Judoka (ich mache auch nicht erst seit gestern Judo)

und es ist mir auch klar, um welche "Unvollendete" es geht.

Immer schön ruhig in den Bauch atmen HBt. und nicht schnell und hoch mit den Schultern :)

Zusätzlich kann ich mich an den Strang erinnern, wo CK auch die allgemeinen Probleme eine "neue" Kata zu schreiben, gerade im Zusammenhang mit Wolfgang Hofmann's Kata erwähnt hat.

Passt auch gut hier her:
I think that these are didactic and methodological exercises. There are many precedents of these. Wolfgang Hofmann's Hôhô-no-kata is another one. Hirano Tokio also created a couple. Their merit is that they help showing to a student the idea behind something, or how something is tied together. The problem is that we do not have any data on the merit of these exercises, that is to say, whether they realize what they aim for and whether they thus succeed in facilitating the learning experience. The traditional Kôdôkan approach to many of these skills is only mediocre at best. Kanô devised happô-no-kuzushi, but from their to successfully applying kuzushi and throws in randori is still quite a stretch. This is also suggested by so many jûdôka having very poor technical skills. I had some of the most technically able teachers one could possibly imagine but if one thinks that they produced superbly technically skilled jûdôka by the batch, you are very wrong. So there is a huge problem in transferring jûdô skills.
Quelle:

http://judo.forumotion.com/t2045-kuzush ... rtin-nunes
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Plötzlich bedienst Du dich ...

Beitrag von HBt. »

Nicht immer gleich hyperventilieren HBt ...

Klar kenne ich den Namen des deutschen Judoka (ich mache auch nicht erst seit gestern Judo)

und es ist mir auch klar, um welche "Unvollendete" es geht.

Immer schön ruhig in den Bauch atmen HBt. und nicht schnell und hoch mit den Schultern :)

Zusätzlich kann ich mich an den Strang erinnern, wo CK auch die allgemeinen Probleme eine "neue" Kata zu schreiben, gerade im Zusammenhang mit Wolfgang Hofmann's Kata erwähnt hat.
eines gänzlich anderem Dutcus - interessant.
:eusa_think

Wie ich schon schrieb (in einem der anderen 12 Fäden), Du gehst mir ziemlich auf die Eier.

Wie geht es jetzt weiter 'Weltmeister'? Beantwortest Du ein paar Fragen, noch bevor ich am Sauerstoffmangel zu Grunde gehe???

Atemnot.
FL hat geschrieben: Klar kenne ich den Namen des deutschen Judoka (ich mache auch nicht erst seit gestern Judo)
Und seit wann bist Du dabei? Erzähle ein bisschen von Dir Usul (Paul Atreides).

Ich denke, das hilft schon.
Fleischlaberl
Orange Grün Gurt Träger
Orange Grün Gurt Träger

Re: Neue Kata XII: Kata der Judo Grundlagen

Beitrag von Fleischlaberl »

Reiss Dich ein bisserl zusammen Hbt. :)

Aufrechte natürliche Haltung, in den Bauch atmen, zentriert und im Gleichgewicht bewegen, klar denken, aufmerksam und umsichtig und fokussiert handeln.

Kyuzo Mifune 10th Dan - What is the Essence of Judo?

Rei nicht vergessen :)

Was macht den Judo für einen Sinn, wenn man es im täglichen Leben und Umgang mit anderen nicht anwenden kann?
Zuletzt geändert von Fleischlaberl am 25.10.2019, 11:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

geht es noch ...?

Beitrag von HBt. »

'Hase',
lass es gut sein - das ist ein absolut erstgemeinter Rat von mir :angry4.

#
Was soll der weltbekannte Mifune-Schnipsel ausdrücken?

##
FL hat geschrieben:(...) und fokussiert handeln.
Wenn ich fokussiere, bist Du im nächsten Augenblick nicht mehr unter uns - beherzige meinen Rat.
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Bitte kennzeichne Deine nachträglichen Editierungen

Beitrag von HBt. »

In der Zwischenzeit hast Du nachgetragen:
FL hat geschrieben:Was macht den Judo für einen Sinn, wenn man es im täglichen Leben und Umgang mit anderen nicht anwenden kann?
Du erlaubst, dass ich diese Frage nicht beantworte.
Antworten