Isao Okano - aktuell

Hier geht es um Techniken, deren Ausführung und Beschreibung
Antworten
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Isao Okano - aktuell

Beitrag von HBt. »

Hier ein kleines mehrsprachliches Video ;-)

tutor!

Re: Isao Okano - mit 73 Jahren...

Beitrag von tutor! »

... ist noch lange nicht Schluss!
I founded a new system for physical culture and mental training as well as for winning contests. I called this "Kodokan Judo",(J. Kano 1898)
Techniques are only the words of the language judo (Cichorei Kano, 24.12.2008)
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Re: Isao Okano - mit 73 Jahren...

Beitrag von HBt. »

tutor! hat geschrieben:
13.05.2017, 20:47
... ist noch lange nicht Schluss!
Ein Wahnsinn,
ich habe mich sehr über dieses Video gefreut -> und gleich mehrmals angesehen. Auch mache ich persönlich ja keinen Hehl daraus: Inokuma, Okano, Yamashita, auch Kashiwazaki ... und natürlich Kimura & Hirano, das sind u.a. meine ewigen Favoriten.
:D

Einfach klasse,
Okano san,
ohne Allüren, ganz natürlich, ehrlich ... und dabei immer sympathisch.

Wer hat's gesehen? Er zeigt /wirft einmal im Video "den Kugelstoßer Taiotoshi" ;-)

So klasse,
was soll man noch sagen??? Üben, üben ...

Okano - ein Vorbild.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger
Re: Isao Okano - aktuell

Beitrag von Cichorei Kano »

Arugably the greatest living jûdôka, Okano-sensei shows how Kôgi or lecture is one of the four essential pillars in the teaching of jûdô. His lessons are important. Jûdôka must learn to understand the proper meaning and objective of practice, and not replace randori by club shiai. Shiai has as an objective "winning"; randori has as an objective "improving your jûdô", which by the way is the exact same purpose of kata practice. One does not need to do shiai in order to practice so hard and thorough for 2 hours that one is completely empty. Sincerity of mind is what guides proper jûdôka practice. These young jûdôka must learn to understand this, but it will take some time because at that age all one things about is winning and be better than the other. While this is useful goal for actual tournaments, it is not this what should guide jûdô practice.

Also nice to see the green and red tatami, the absence of T-shirts under the jûdôgi of the males and the fact that most jûdôka are still wearing white gi, showing that despite its desperate efforts, the IJF still has not succeeded in destroying Japanese jûdô as it has done in much of the West.
Jupp
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Beitrag von Jupp »

Chichorei Kano schreibt:
Also nice to see the green and red tatami, the absence of T-shirts under the jûdôgi of the males and the fact that most jûdôka are still wearing white gi, showing that despite its desperate efforts, the IJF still has not succeeded in destroying Japanese jûdô as it has done in much of the West.
Nicht umsonst finden wir Isao Okano im IJF Sonderband "50 Great Judo Champions" auf Seite 12 als einen der größten Athleten beschrieben. Andererseits hält sich das Gerücht, er sei vom Japanischen Judo-Verband als Nationaltrainer entlassen worden, weil er in den 80-er Jahren gemeinsam mit Anton Gesine in farbigen Judoanzügen auf dem Titelblatt einer internationalen Judo-Fachzeitschrift abgelichtet wurde. Das würde sich dann nicht ganz mit der Aussage von Chichorei Kano in Übereinstimmung bringen lassen - oder?

Jupp
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger

Beitrag von Cichorei Kano »

Thank you for your comments. My response is as follows:

Not at all. I have asked the question about the colored jûdôgi and the separation between Okano-sensei and his national coach job directly to Okano himself, to avoid speculation and hearsay that circulates on the Internet. It is true that the Kôdôkan was displeased with the photograph of Okano in colored gi, something he did not do consciously, but something he was tricked into by Geesink, and which resulted in Okano promptly ending his friendship with Geesink as he was exploited by Geesink. This, however, was not the real reason behind his dismissal as national coach. I am not going to detail the real reason as it is personal matter, and since Okano-sensei is a living person, he is entitled to privacy. All I am going to say is that there was an incident involving a high-ranked Kôdôkan official who committed professional misconduct and which interfered with the well-being of one of the athletes, which Okano-sensei as a responsible coach promptly and rather decisively stopped on the spot, which was the honorable thing to do, but which crossed hierarchical lines.

Furthermore to essence of my comment, Okano does not wear any other gi, but traditional white gi apart from that time he was misled and photographed. Neither does he wear a kôhaku obi. That does not mean he never has, but he hasn't in decades, as far as I am aware. I seem to recall that he did, the first time I met him during a club visit I attended somewhere in the 1970s, so about 40 years ago.

Most Japanese --as I have found out from talking to many Japanese jûdôka and Japanese friends of him-- consider Okano-sensei as a unique case who is really outside of the Kôdôkan and IJF systems. The man and his legend simply are larger than the confines of federations, institutes and dôjô.

I don't think that the IJF properly listing and recognizing Okano-sensei has anything to do with the points I raised, and the ongoing destruction of Kôdôkan jûdô by the IJF, whether consciously or merely through incompetence.

A friend of mine and close friend of Okano-sensei, Ôgawa Gotarô, who previously was a Japanese consul in Europe, published an interview with Okano-sensei some years ago in which Okano-sensei reflected on some of the ways the IJF has changed the contest rules. I point out that this still dates from before things got even worse. As the interview was already published on Das Judo Forum I take the liberty to place a link here to that prior discussion:

viewtopic.php?t=6706

Hope you will find my comments useful.

Jupp hat geschrieben:
04.07.2017, 16:44
Chichorei Kano schreibt:
Nicht umsonst finden wir Isao Okano im IJF Sonderband "50 Great Judo Champions" auf Seite 12 als einen der größten Athleten beschrieben. Andererseits hält sich das Gerücht, er sei vom Japanischen Judo-Verband als Nationaltrainer entlassen worden, weil er in den 80-er Jahren gemeinsam mit Anton Gesine in farbigen Judoanzügen auf dem Titelblatt einer internationalen Judo-Fachzeitschrift abgelichtet wurde. Das würde sich dann nicht ganz mit der Aussage von Chichorei Kano in Übereinstimmung bringen lassen - oder?

Jupp
Jupp
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Beitrag von Jupp »

Lieber Chichorei Kano,

vielen Dank für Deine umfassende und inhaltlich mir so nicht bekannte Antwort, sowie Deine Ausführungen und Deinen Hinweis auf die beiden Interviews mit Isao Okano aus den Jahren 2011 und 2009.

Ich habe Isao Okano Ende der 70-er Jahre persönlich kennenlernen können, als er wegen der Veröffentlichung seiner beiden Bücher "Vital Judo" (1979 und 1980) in Deutschland war und damals auch ein längeres Interview mit ihm gemacht (vgl. Judo-Revue 14/ Oktober 1979, S.8 ff.).

Okano ist für mich der technisch beste Judoka, den ich in meinem Leben persönlich gesehen habe, noch vor Größen wie Neil Adams, Kosei Inoue oder Wolfgang Hofmann, den ich lange Jahre in Deutschland für das "Non-plus-Ultra" des Judo hielt. Okanos Art Judo zu demonstrieren, mit äußerst hohem Tempo, technischer Präzision und unglaublicher Ausdruckskraft, hat damals einen so starken Eindruck auf mich hinterlassen, dass dieser bis heute - nach immerhin fast 40 Jahren - anhält.

Auch auf diesem Hintergrund finde ich Deine Anmerkungen persönlich mehr als nützlich!

Danke!

Jupp
HBt.
3. Dan Träger
3. Dan Träger

Isao Okano - aktuell (verschwunden)

Beitrag von HBt. »

Leider funktioniert das Video /der Videolink nicht mehr.
Vielleicht kann diesbzgl. ein "anderer User" uns behilflich sein - und das Problem lösen, falls das Video nicht total aus dem Netz genommen wurde.

:danke

Lieber 'Jupp',
ich finde es sehr sympathisch, dass wir beide uns im Punkt Isao Okano so nahe stehen ;).
Eines Tages könn(t)en auch wir das Kriegsbeil zwischen uns begraben, darüber würde ich mich freuen - gemäß dem zehnten DJB-Gebot
"Freundschaft".

Vielen Dank 'CK',
für die Informationen ---> bei mir rennst Du "offene Türen ein".

Gruß,
HBt.
Antworten